How to Make Your Tires Last Longer: Tire Care Tips
Extending the length of your tire life not only saves your business money in the long run, but keeps you and your employees safe. At Lynch Truck Center we want to help you keep your tires in top shape for your jobs ahead. Learn more about the ways to keep up your commercial truck’s tires with us and be sure to visit our parts center in the event they need replacing.
Follow These Care Tips
- Check the tire air pressure – We recommend checking the tire air pressure monthly. Tires can lose up to a pound per square inch of pressure each month which will impact their lifespan and your safety. In the winter, they could lose more and the summer will cause them to gain more.
- Have your tires rotated every regularly – The general guideline is every 5,000 miles, though that could vary depending on the type of driving and amount of hauling you do. Especially with front-wheel drive models, there can be uneven tire wear. Rotating the tires allows the ones working hardest to take a break.
- Make sure your wheels are balanced – If the weight is distributed to one wheel more than the other, this could also create uneven wear. Making sure they are balanced after a tire rotation will prevent that.
- Check the alignment twice a year – Misaligned wheels will wear out a lot faster, so make sure you check your alignment twice a year. This can happen over time, if you hit the edge of a curb, or even hit a pothole, so be sure to watch for the signs like the wheels shaking.
- Read the tire code on the sidewall – What do the numbers and letters on tires mean? They indicate important specs like tire size, speed rating, load index, and more. When you’re replacing your vehicle’s tires, you should always make sure the tires you choose are appropriate based on the code.
Have Your Truck Tires Checked at Lynch Truck Center
Whether you need new truck tires, tire chains, or simply want to keep up with the maintenance fo your current ones, the commercial vehicle service center at Lynch Truck Center can help. And when you’re ready to bring your heavy-duty truck in for a service appointment, be sure to check out our parts and service specials to save your business some money. Contact us today at Lynch Truck Center for more truck maintenance tips and expert service!
More from Lynch Truck Center
The oil in your vehicle is there to lubricate the engine and absorb heat from the engine components so your truck doesn’t overheat. When your engine can’t work properly, it can start to experience serious issues, so it’s important to keep up with regular oil changes around Milwaukee. Service Center Schedule Service What Happens If…
When your financing or leasing a truck near Milwaukee, one one the things a lender will look for to approve you is your credit score. Your credit score, along with other factors, can affect your APR, as well as whether or not you qualify for a loan. Finance Department Apply for Financing What’s the Average…
As time goes by, Waterford continues to grow with more and more local businesses popping up. Whether big or small, the Industrial, Commercial, and Service business sectors of our community our flourishing. When businesses need help growing, expanding their reach, or getting off the ground, Lynch Truck Center is there to help. Our expansive fleet…