What Are the 2021 Ford F-550 Specs?
Moving from the Ford Super Duty lineup into the range of Ford Chassis Cab models, you’ll encounter powerful engines and leading capabilities that are no less impressive than those you’re leaving behind. In fact, it may just be ideal for Northern Chicago-area drivers who plan on hauling more than they tow! What are the 2021 Ford F-550 specs? We’ve covered the 2021 Ford F-550 horsepower, torque, towing, and payload limits below.
Ford F-550 Horsepower & Torque by Engine
The 2021 Ford F-550 is standard with a 7.3L V8 gas engine, but a 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel is also available. 2021 Ford F-550 horsepower and torque ratings vary between the two options, but neither will disappoint:
- 7.3L V8 – 350 horsepower and 468 lb-ft of torque
- 6.7L V8 Diesel – 330 horsepower and 825 lb-ft of torque
Both engines come paired with a TorqShift® 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic transmission.
Ford F-550 Towing Capacity, GCWR, GVWR & Payload
It’s always important to review all towing and hauling information in your owner’s manual before you hook up a trailer or a truck bed–but when you eventually get down to brass tacks, you can be certain that the F-550 has what it takes to conquer your to-dos:
- GVWR: The F-550 is available with four payload packages, offering Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings of 17,500 pounds, 18,000 pounds, 19,000 pounds, and 19,500 pounds in turn.
- GCWR: GCWR is determined by your choice of rear axle, your axle ratio, and your engine choice. This limit never exceeds 30,000 pounds on models with the 7.3L V8, but you can push all the way up to 43,000 pounds on diesel models.
- Payload Capacity: Although your precise payload capacity will vary depending on your chosen configuration, a properly equipped Ford F-550 can handle a maximum payload of 12,750 pounds.
- Conventional Towing: Every 2021 Ford F-550 can tow a maximum of 18,500 pounds with a conventional (hitch-based) towing setup.
- Gooseneck/5th-Wheel Towing: Maximum capacities will vary from model to model, but you can tow up to 31,600 pounds with the 6.7L V8 diesel, or up to 20,400 pounds with the standard 7.3L V8.
Ford F-550 Specs: Dimensions
If these Ford F-550 specs aren’t enough to convince you on their own, a closer look at some important Ford F-550 dimensions just might. Since your choice of wheelbase and cab can have significant impacts on your payload ratings, it’s important to be aware of all your options:
With Regular Cab
- 145–inch wheelbase; 60 inches, cab to axle
- 169–inch wheelbase; 84 inches, cab to axle
- 193–inch wheelbase; 108 inches, cab to axle
- 205–inch wheelbase; 120 inches, cab to axle
- 167.5–inch wheelbase; 60 inches, cab to axle
- 191.5–inch wheelbase; 84 inches, cab to axle
- 179.4–inch wheelbase; 60 inches, cab to axle
- 203.4–inch wheelbase; 84 inches, cab to axle
Precise payload limits will, once again, be determined by the payload package you select! However, drivers getting ready to configure an F-550 of their own should know that the Regular Cab, with its 169 and 193-inch wheelbases, offers the most potential.
Find Your Ford F-550 with Lynch Truck Center
More from Lynch Truck Center
Moving from the Ford Super Duty lineup into the range of Ford Chassis Cab models, you’ll encounter powerful engines and leading capabilities that are no less impressive than those you’re leaving behind. In fact, it may just be ideal for Northern Chicago-area drivers who plan on hauling more than they tow! What are the 2021 Ford…
Looking for the ideal truck for your delivery and moving operations? The Hino 268 is the gold standard among truck drivers and fleet owners thanks to its outstanding fuel economy, proven reliability, and strong residual value. A phenomenally low cost of ownership for the class seals the deal! To find out what advantages this powerful…
The oil in your vehicle is there to lubricate the engine and absorb heat from the engine components so your truck doesn’t overheat. When your engine can’t work properly, it can start to experience serious issues, so it’s important to keep up with regular oil changes around Milwaukee. Service Center Schedule Service What Happens If…