2019 Chevrolet Silverado 5500
2019 Chevy Silverado 5500
2019 RAM 5500 vs. 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 5500
Are you shopping for the ideal work truck for your Northern Chicago business? The 2019 Ram 5500 and 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 5500 are both viable options. Both chassis cabs offer tremendous engine power and reliability, as well as a vast selection of exciting features for the money. Compare the Ram 5500 vs. Silverado 5500 below to decide which truck offers more of what you need!
Ram vs. Chevy: Engine Options
Thanks to powerful engine options, both the Ram 5500 and Silverado 5500 deliver no-nonsense capability. Here’s a quick look at their engines:2019 Ram 5500 Engines:
- Cummins® 6.7 turbo-diesel engine that generates 360 hp and 800 lb-ft of torque
- HEMI® 6.4L V8 engine that generates 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque
2019 Chevy Silverado 5500 Engine:
- Duramax® 6.6L turbo-diesel V8 engine that generates 350 hp and 700 lb-ft of torque
Ram vs. Chevy: Reliability
Whether you choose the Ram 5500 or Silverado 5500, you’re getting a dependable truck that’ll serve you well on every job. Check out a few features for both trucks that demonstrate their reliability:Ram 5500 Reliability
- Rust-through warranty coverage for 60 months/unlimited miles
- Optional heavy-duty suspension group to tackle tough terrain
- Optional engine shutdown timer for greater fuel economy
Chevy Silverado 5500 Reliability:
- Dual fuel tank capacity of 65 gallons
- Multiple wheelbase options make it possible to take on tough jobs around Milwaukee
- Optional Rugged and Emergency Service Transmissions for an extra layer of security
Ram vs. Chevy: Highlighted Features
- The Ram 5500 comes standard with Uconnect® 3.0, Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth®, Media Hub, a 12-volt auxiliary power outlet, and a split-folding bench seat. Optional upgrades include heated front seats, an 8.4-inch touchscreen display, and Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™.
- The Chevy Silverado 5500 starts off with Bluetooth® connectivity, a 3.5-inch or 4.2-inch driver information center, myChevrolet Mobile App, and triple-sealed doors for a quiet ride on Milwaukee roads. Available upgrades include the Chevrolet Infotainment System, a 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot, and smartphone integration.
Compare the Ram 5500 vs. Silverado 5500 at Lynch Truck Center!
Ready to compare the Ram 5500 vs. Silverado 5500 in person? Contact us at Lynch Truck Center to schedule a test drive, or visit us near Northern Chicago and Milwaukee. Don’t forget to ask about our new vehicle specials and pre-owned specials for opportunities to save on the work truck you need.